1. Natalie Merchant got her start with what famous Western New York band?
Answer: 10,000 Maniacs
2. This Super Freaky singer was from Buffalo, NY and died in LA in 2004. Who was he?
Answer: Rick James
3. What group from Queens is often called the first punk rock group?
Answer: The Ramones
4. What rap group from NYC started several trends in rap music, including ensemble rapping (they had nine members) and clothing merchandising?
Answer: Wu Tang Clan
5. Who led the NY band White Zombie, one of the best known heavy-metal groups of the 1990’s, and later achieved fame as a solo artist and horror film producer?
Answer: Rob Zombie
6. What famous 1970s rock band from NYC was known for its elaborate costumes and face paint?
7. Which NYC rock group has the most certified gold albums?
8. What world-famous children’s choir from NYC performed worldwide for presidents and popes before being disbanded in 2007?
Answer: Harlem Boys Choir
9. What NYC group performed in North Korea in 2008, the first US-North Korean cultural event since the Korean War?
Answer: New York Philharmonic
10. What folk duo from NYC was one of the most famous musical groups of the 1960s?
Answer: Simon & Garfunkel
11. What song by a New York duo was featured in the 1969 hit movie The Graduate?
Answer: Mrs. Robinson
12. What heavy metal band from Queens, NY was dubbed one of the big four of thrash metal (along with Megadeath, Slayer, and Metallica) in the mid-1980?
13. What famous music club on Manhattans Bowery Street was the centre of the punk rock revolution of the 1970s/1980s?
14. What NY nightclub played a major role in the growth of disco in the 1970s?
Answer: Studio 54
You May Also Like – Movie Trivia: 130+ Best Questions and Answers
UK 80s Music Band Trivia Questions and Answers
1. We formed in Birmingham in 1978 and had a string of hits in the 80s. We consisted of a Le Bon and three Taylors who weren’t related.
Answer: Duran Duran
2. We were a band who cried because we were afraid?
Answer: Tears for Fears
3. Our 1981 Album High N Dry helped define our style. Our fourth album Hysteria was released in 1987 and went on to sell 20 million copies worldwide. I am an animal who can’t hear you.
Answer: Def Leppard
4. Vocalist Midge Ure sang lead for this band in 1984. The band released albums such as Vienna, Rage in Eden and Quartet. What is the band name?
5. Who released the album Meat Is Murder in 1985?
Answer: The Smiths
6. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) was an album released by The Eurythmics in?
7. Name this new romantic group formed in the 1980s combining reggae and American soul. The group was lead by a charismatic androgynous singer who never really grew up.
Answer: Culture Club
8. Name the three original members of The Police.
Answer: String Andy, Summers, Stewart Copeland
9. Which of these songs was not released by The Police?
Answer: Lost In Love
10. The Dire Straits song Money for Nothing was based on?
Answer: An overheard conversation at a TV store
UK 90s Music Band Trivia Questions and Answers
1. Formed in London in 1989 as Seymour, which four-letter group consisted of Damon Albarn, guitarist Graham Coxon, bassist Alex James and drummer Dave Rowntree?
2. Which UK 90s band released an album called Fat of the Land in 1997 and had a hit single with Firestarter?
Answer: The Prodigy
3. In 1992, Tasmin Archer was a one-hit wonder with which song in which she blames us for the moonlit sky?
Answer: Sleeping Satillite
4. Complete these band names _a___Str____chers__ Cr____S___R__.
Answer: Manic Street, Preachers, The Cranberries Simply Red
5. Which band collaborated with Tom Jones on the song Mama told me not to come?
6. Which Welsh band released albums Way Beyond Blue, International Velvet and Equally Cursed and Blessed in the 90s?
- Shed 7
- 3 Colours Red
7. Which English Britpop band formed in Birmingham in 1989 often has their name abbreviated to OCS?
- Over Caravan Skies
- Ocean Colour Scene
- Occult Crescent Sun
- Often Causing Stinks
Answer: Ocean Colour Scene
8. Our debut album Replenish was released in 1995 and went gold. Our members include Gary Stringer and Kenwyn House. You might find us in the ocean, our name has four letters, who are we?
9. Name the massive selling reggae band whose name was taken from an unemployment form.
10. I am a soul and R&B singer-songwriter who is married to a supermodel. You might find me on ice. Who am I?
Australian Music Band Trivia Questions and Answers
1. Emma Donovan and Sieni Taumeopeau are members of which band?
Answer: Stiff Gins
2. Which of the following song is released by Stiff Gins?
- Morning sun
3. Sydney band [The J___] was active from 1982 to 1989.
Answer: The Johnnys
4. 1990s Sydney band The Lab mostly recorded?
5. Which Australian classical music group from Sydney formed in 2009?
6. Which reality television program did the lead singer of the band Masonia, Altiyan Childs, audition for in the year 2010?
Answer: The X factor
7. Complete the name of this Sydney based electronica band.
Answer: Telemetry Orchestra
8.Complete the name of this Cheesy Sydney five-piece Gypsy fusion band that won 3 ARIA Music Awards in the years 2002 to 2005.
Answer: Monsieur Camembert
9. Euphoria was a popular Sydney Pop/Dance music trio from the early 1990s. Their first single was…?
- Love You Right
- One in a million
Answer: Love You Right